Thursday, July 24, 2014

Ashton's Bachelorette Bash Part II: The Food!

 

No, that is not a penis...it's a missile.
Moving on...


Ashton's bachelorette party was themed: Girl Scouts Chic.  The goal was to have a very vintage and retro vib with all things Girl Scouts related.  The guests dressed in neutral colors or vintage wear that was inspired by retro Girl Scout attire.  Girl Scout handbooks were displayed everywhere and the ceiling was covered in banners of pink and tan cloth with ribbon and poms in GS colors.


A really cute and affordable way to distinguish wine glasses is to find a free ring printable online.  Conveniently as I was perusing the blogosphere, I found a free printable and cut them out for the ladies to use as wine glass markers.  These were originally gift tags, but I added an additional cut to make a really easy name tag.

 

We had so much sangria, desserts, and appetizers!  To counter some of the costs, I had each of the ladies bring an appetizer, dessert, or drink.  We had two big dispensers of sangria, this amazing fully loaded queso dip, bruschetta, fondue with dipping foods (provided by Ashton's husband, Matt), cookies, and so much more!


Each of the ladies were given an envelope which was part of the first game of the night.  Before we played the game, we noshed on the delicious appetizers and drank plenty of sangria.

 

I also set up a little station of prizes for the party.  I took advantage of the Bath and Body Works' semi annual sale to stock up on their amazing lotions.  I put sparkly ribbon around the neck of the bottles and voila- easy prizes that everyone loves.  I don't know about you, but the older I get, the more I appreciate free Bath and Body Works ;)

 

Of course, it wouldn't be a bachelorette without a stripper.

Ahem...

 

Meet Raul, our male entertainment for the evening.  We unfortunately did not have tiny dollar bills and he now resides in my craft room.  I'm sure a DIY tutorial will be up shortly ;)


I also made bra and panty cookies and they were so easy to make!  All you need is a heart-shaped cookie cutter.  I also took advantage of the ready-to-frost pouches that are sold in the cake-decorating aisles.  The cookies were yummy, easy to decorate, and fit perfectly with the party.



I want to thank all of the ladies for contributing such delicious foods, desserts, and beverages!


If you liked this post, share it with others! If you feel particularly moved by it, leave a comment because I love feedback and discussion. Social media links are provided below and thanks for reading!
 photo signature_zpsc0b51015.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment